Payment & Billing
- Your payment and correspondence addresses have changed. Please begin using this new information to send/make payments and to correspond with MOHELA.
- Payments made to your previous servicer will be forwarded within approximately 30 days. We will post payments with the effective date your previous servicer received them. Meanwhile, if your account becomes past due, please contact MOHELA for other options while your payment is being forwarded.
- If you were signed up for Auto Debit through your previous servicer, there is no need to re-apply. If your payment amount was scheduled to be withdrawn, we do not anticipate an interruption. Please allow 3-4 business days from the day you receive your transfer notification letter for all of your billing and Auto Debit information to be available on our website.
- If you were not signed up for Auto Debit and would like to begin receiving up to a .25% interest rate reduction – create an online account, log in and enroll in Auto Debit under “Payment Assistance.”
- Additional payments over and above the payment amount can be made at any time. Additional payments made will satisfy future payments; however, interest continues to accrue from one payment to the next. If you are actively on Auto Debit and you make additional payments, Auto Debit will continue for the full payment amount.
- If your account was past due or becomes past due (your payment was not received and applied to your account) during the transfer process, a non-interest capitalizing forbearance may have been applied to bring your account current. Please note that interest continues to accrue during the forbearance time and the placement of this forbearance does not remove the obligation to repay the debt.
- Online or Third-Party Bill Payments (such as through a bank) after the transfer date should be updated to reflect the new payment address. Your account number will remain the same.